current reading material: I’m trying to get into “The Jane Austen Book Club” without much success, so I am probably going to start the newest biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and put a hold on “The Help” and “Unbroken” from the library.
current songs o’ delight: the Sovereign Grace version/remake of the classic hymn “O the Deep Deep Love of Jesus”. I just learned it this week when I sang on the worship team and its beautiful. God seems to be driving home to my heart His love for me right now. Which I cannot even begin to deserve or understand.
This isn’t a new song, or even a message I totally agree with, but this performance of Pink’s “Perfect” just BLEW me away when I started watching the show “The Voice” this week. I don’t know how you could choose one or the other of them to be eliminated – they both just rocked and really sang together instead of against each other.
current projects: lots of party planning! I’m hosting a baby shower for my friend Anna in June, Jackson’s 2nd birthday and a bridal shower in July and a girls weekend at our house for a bunch of old friends in August. Shew! It’s going to be a busy summer, but lots of fun. 🙂 I’m trying to keep things reasonable, but I just can’t help going a little crazy with fun details…I love throwing parties for people I love!
current recipes I’ve tried: I made these amazing cupcakes recently, and they were a big hit. The buttercream is intensely rich, so don’t pile it on if you have a low frosting tolerance like me. It’s dang good on graham crackers too. 🙂 But I wouldn’t know ANYTHING about that, no sir-ee. And on my hot list to make as soon as I go grocery shopping and fill my bare cupboards are these: Warm Spinach and Sweet Potato Salad, Coconut Lime Semifreddo, and Strawberry Summer Cake.
current hair color: my natural mousy brown. Somethings gotta give soon – I hate my haircut AND the color. Time to do something drastic – mwuhahaha! Which means I’ll probably get some totally tame highlights and I don’t know what to do about the cut…I really, really want to get it LONGER, but I am so so so sick of layers. Blergh. Any serious suggestions are welcome.
1. today we remembered the fallen and celebrated our freedom this Memorial Day. We joined Kyle’s family for a lovely cookout at their home and a fun afternoon of chatting, horseshoes and other summer shenanigans while MN finally showed its true summer weather with humidity and warmth. Hooray!
2. Jack and I have lots of park playdates scheduled this week and next. He is becoming such a social little man. EVERYDAY he tells me (around 8am usually) “Wet’s DOE!” with a big ta-da of his hands. (Translation: Let’s go!)
1. My 29th birthday! I can’t believe its only about 2 weeks away. I sort of have this stupid childish delight over my birthday still…Kyle told me this afternoon that he is taking me to a cute little cafe in Minneapolis and we plan to putz the day away in the city: Farmers Market, Lake Nokomis/Harriet/Calhoun, then maybe cupcakes with friends and family in the evening.
2. A baby shower for my friend Anna and her sweet baby girl, Cassie Faith, who will arrive right about the same time as my little Taylor Charlotte! 🙂 It’s been a wonderful joy to see the Lord answer her prayers for a child after waiting on Him and its very fun to be pregnant together.
1. pansies and coleus on my deck table 2. My cute little man