Yesterday, we celebrated Father’s Day. I’m totally beyond blessed to have amazing dad’s surround my life. There’s my own wonderful daddy, the amazing father of my kids and my terrific father-in-law. As we gathered at our home for a classic bratwurst, baked beans and summer salads meal, I was very grateful for these three men. They have all relied on the Lord’s help to parent their children and to provide for their families.
Jack and I made Kyle a card and Jack gave him his first “#1 Dad” t-shirt (thank you, Old Navy for making tasteful, manly ones!). Weeks ago, I gave Kyle the “Insanity” workout program because I couldn’t wait for Father’s Day. 🙂 He’s been using it and I must say…his hard work is paying off. Our afternoon was filled with love, laughter, good food and enjoying each other’s company. We are so lucky to have both our families close and willing to celebrate together.
There are many many reasons why Kyle is an amazing dad:
- He leads his family with love, humility and grace.
- He is willing to do the hard stuff of discipline and training.
- He takes Jack along when he goes on runs, letting him stop and pick up sticks for the 100th time, even though the run turns into a walk.
- He instills in our children a love for Christian hip-hop. lol. 🙂 You should see Jack and Kyle rock out to Lecrae.
- He’s always willing to change a diaper, rock a crying toddler, soothe a hurt ego, and have a tagalong while he tries to get stuff done.
- He entertains Jack while I get dinner ready. This is HUGE. 🙂
- He looks after the spiritual well-being of his kids and myself. His prayers for us work wonders in the silent places of the work of God.
- He loves adventure and is eager to show his kids the world.