today as I sit at my kitchen table and face the day, I have a heart full of people and needs and love and gratefulness.
- my pastor’s little 3 year old daughter is having a rough time after open heart surgery to repair her valves, so I’m lifting them up in prayer.
- friends in our small group lost their preemie twin grandsons this past weekend and the funeral is on Saturday. Praying for the Lord’s comfort and peace on them.
- its a beautiful morning! The weather for the next few days looks to be simply gorgeous, which makes me very happy. I love late summer.
- my friend Amanda flies in today from Hawaii! She’s the first of my group of friends from an online forum that are coming into town for a retreat/girls weekend. So fun!
- Apparently, I need to make zucchini fries. Almost every food blog I follow has featured them this summer. Sounds like “girl” food fit for a weekend of gourmet delights.
- Last night my wonderful group of “mommy friends” here in MN threw me and baby girl (we’re waffling on her name now – she might be Norah Charlotte instead of Taylor Charlotte, but we’re waiting till she’s here to decide) a very sweet baby shower. The gourmet s’mores bar and conversation was utterly delightful and now this sweet child will have CLOTHES to wear! My unbelievably creative and talented Jes knit her a CUPCAKE hat and mittens! aaaahhh! I’m still freaking out about how adorable little girl stuff is – I really am excited about ruffles and girly stuff. And the baby girl that will make those possible.
- See? Isn’t this the cutest thing EVER?
- I also can’t believe how close we are to meeting this sweet baby – 7 weeks. Maybe 6, maybe 8. At any rate, its close! I’m pulling out these tiny outfits that I can’t believe will fit her little body.
Last thought for the morning – I better get my butt in gear to finish cleaning this house before 10 women descend upon it for fun and mayhem! 🙂 Happy Wednesday!