I can hardly believe my baby girl is 2 months old today. The past 8 weeks have been a blur of family events and sleep deprivation. 🙂 But there have been LOTS of smiles and coos and happy moments with my sweet child. We are slowly but surely finding our groove as parents of two. Taylor is finding her spot in our family and has been learning to sleep more hours (yay! happy thing indeed!).
My Sweet T tries so hard to suck her thumb, but usually ends up with her fist. She still has some tummy issues that make life interesting sometimes, but I think she’s growing out of them gradually. She started smiling almost all the time when she’s awake a couple weeks ago, which is delightful! Her head and neck are very strong – she loves to look around and doesn’t want to miss a thing. But she’s also a little cuddle bug. She loves to sleep being held, but we’re working on her ability to put herself to sleep in her crib.
Taylor, you are such a gift to our family! Jackson loves you. Daddy loves you and I love you. Your smiles make my day so bright and cuddling you warms my heart. I’m very grateful that God has given you to us and pray that we will raise you well.
Observations from this side of the bump:
- two has been an adjustment for sure! It takes me quite a while to get out of the house with everyone clothed, fed and pottied. 😛
- Jack is a great big brother. He is quick to be by her side when she fusses, telling me to “Feed her, Mom!” or assuring her that “It’sokay, Tayer, momma coming!” or “More minute, Tayer – almost there,” if she is fussing in the car. He loves to put her pacifier in her mouth and give her running commentary on his activities. 🙂
- real clothes are overrated. Yoga pants and easy access nursing shirts are where we’re at right now. As I get back in shape, I’m looking forward to getting better at staying put together more often. It’s a season, I keep telling myself!
- dressing a girl is too much fun. The tutus and the leggings and the hairbands and the fluff. Yes, I love it.
- I definitely have to be more intentional about schedules, planning ahead and all. I can’t just fly by the seat of my pants quite so easily.
- I still love this motherhood thing more than I thought I would. 🙂
Happy Two Months to Taylor!