My annual year in review post!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? had a baby girl! Okay, that’s kind of cheating, since i have given birth before. But this girl thing is all new.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I made goals again, not resolutions and accomplished about 75% of them! What I didn’t reach: read 15 books (I read like 4 – so dumb), exercising more consistently during pregnancy, memorize Ephesians and plan menus every month. I did pretty well, but this year I’m definitely working harder to meet the most important goals. And yes, I’m making goals for 2012. I love goals.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? YES. Several of my best girlfriends. Three of them right around Taylor’s due date! (and we all had girls!)
4. Did anyone close to you die? in January, Kyle’s grandma passed away. She was our last grandparent to walk through the golden gates of heaven. We miss her.
5. What countries did you visit? no countries – just states. We went to Nevada in March to ski at Lake Tahoe with our friends Rob and Rosanna! It was awesome. Otherwise, we stuck around MN a lot this year. We got a state park passport and have been trying to collect as many stamps as possible. So fun for exploring our own beautiful state.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? a consistent time in the Word and prayer.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 3 – Taylor’s due date AND birthday! She came right on time. lol.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?another pregnancy and safe/healthy delivery. It’s sort of huge to bring a human into the world. 🙂 I GET sort of huge too.
9. What was your biggest failure? not sticking with exercise and great eating habits while pregnant.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? the usual basic colds/sore throats, and acute sleep deprivation. oh, and heart sickness over my bestie Rosanna moving to NV. It was really hard to say goodbye.
11. What was the best thing you bought? plane tickets to Tahoe! And maternity clothes.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I think I will always fill this in with Kyle. Once again, he blew me away with the grace, love and kindness he shows me and the way he cares for our family. It’s been so fun to see him father a baby girl too. I am very blessed by him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? the media and the government, as per usual.
14. Where did most of your money go? housing, food, church/missions and gasoline.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? going to Tahoe with R&R, finding out we were expecting a girl, hosting a retreat for women I love dearly and meeting Taylor!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011? Uncharted by Sarah Barielles or Neon Lights by Natasha Bedingfield
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? sadder. But for dumb reasons. I am so unbelievably blessed.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? reading, writing and praying. And protein.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? whining, frivolity, and judging. And carbs.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve with both our familes, Christmas morning with our little family and my parents, Christmas dinner with our parents and Kyle’s sisters hosted at our house.
21. How will you spend New Years? At home with family, delicious food and champagne.
22. What was your favorite TV program? I didn’t have a “oh my gosh I LOVE this” favorite this year, but I enjoyed The Voice, The Office and Southland.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? nope.
24. What was the best book you read? The Help. (The only novel I read this year, haha.)
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Black Keys
26. What did you want and got? a healthy baby and new boots. 🙂
27. What was your favorite film of this year? Recently, the Sherlock Holmes sequel. Earlier in the year, the new Jane Eyre and The Kings Speech. Brilliant. Courageous was pretty great too!
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? turned 29, enjoyed lunch with my men, paddleboated at Lake Calhoun, and had a party with friends and family in the evening. It was a lovely day!
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? spending more time at the feet of my Savior.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? maternity. ‘nuf said. 😛
31. What kept you sane? my husband, planning parties and girls nights out.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I am seriously drawing a blank here. Real people in my real life are far more interesting and inspiring.
33. What political issue stirred you the most? mostly I’m just annoyed with how much the government spends to accomplish so very little.
34. Who did you miss? my best friends that live far away. and my Grandma Alice.
35. Who was the best new person you met? Several of my friends from the Crossings! They are like sisters to me, but I’d not enjoyed their company in person until this year. Also my new friend, Elise. 🙂 She’s a gem!
36. Tell us some valuable life lessons you learned in 2011: Motherhood is the hardest and most wonderful challenge I have yet faced in life, and adding another kid to the mix is even more crazy/wonderful! I need Jesus. Every day. And I became even more grateful for the amazing help and support Kyle is to me. I couldn’t do life well without him.