this weekend, Kyle and our friends Matt and John went up to Matt’s hunting shack/cabin. Kyle was filling Jack in on the plans and encouraging him to be obedient to me while he was gone, etc. and explained that when Jackson is bigger, he and Matt’s son Josiah will get to join their dads for manly adventures. He said something like, “And when you’re bigger, you can come to the cabin and we’ll hunt and chop down trees and build fires and eat steak and burp and fart in the woods.” Of course the ONLY thing Jack took to heart from that sentence was the part about flatulence. Jack was rolling in laughter saying, “I can go up there and TOOT, DAD!”
So this morning Jack wakes up and wonders where Daddy is. I remind him that he went to the cabin with Josiah’s daddy. This is a little sad, and Jack mournfully says, “Oh. When I bigger, I can go toot at the castle too?”
Oh my. gosh. I laughed so hard. 🙂 I love that boy!!!
Other recent Jack funnies/language development:
- You know how they pick up your own common phrases? Yeah. Jack loves to reply, “Yeah sure, can do it!” when I ask him to do something and he actually is willing to obey. 🙂
- Can I watch a moomie? =movie
- After watching the Masters golf tournament several weeks ago, golf is his very favorite sport. One day he was getting ready to swing his set of Fischer Price clubs and told me he was going to “potato chip the golf ball, Mom.”
- I love it when he asks me, “Please hold you?” which of course means, “Please hold ME.”
- My dad services an account for his job at GE (General Electric). The other day Jack told me that Papa was working at EG. 🙂
- Flip-flopping words in sentences is becoming a common thing – recently Jack has said “My hurt is foot”, “There is shoe in my sand” and other twisted sentences. It makes me smile.
And with that, while all is quiet during nap time (ahhh silence, how I love thee!), I’m going to catch a few winks myself.