my sweet Tay-Tay, how in the world are you already this big? Just a minute ago, I gave birth to a tiny bundle of sweetness that was protesting this brave, chilly world. Today you sit on the floor grinning at me from ear to ear, babbling stories in your secret language in the ear of your little stuffed teddy bear.
You have made my already beautiful life even more lovely, dear daughter. The way you light up a room with your twinkling smile brings a joy to my heart that I can’t put into words. Taylor, you are a gift and a treasure from a gracious God. Your daddy, brother and I love you to the moon and back.
Little bits about you at 8 months:
- you LOVE stuffed animals, music and playing with toys on the floor.
- you are trying table foods left and right and enjoy being fed or feeding yourself (aka – making a royal mess).
- you can sit up, scootch backwards and are darn good at getting whatever you set your mind to reach.
- you don’t crawl forward yet, but I’m sure you’re just days away from figuring it out.
- Jackson is your favorite person on the PLANET. If you hear his voice, you find his face in the room.
- The adoration is mutual. Jackson wants to hold you all the time and loves you dearly.
- when music comes on, you bop up and down. It’s adorable.
- you have started mimicking us when we laugh, roar at you or cough.
- we’ve begun showing you signs for more, thank you, milk, all done and please.
I prayed for you this morning, Taylor, that you would grow to love Jesus and serve Him all your living days. I thank God that He created you and put you in our little family. We are on an adventure of grace and I’m so glad that you will get to be part of it all with us. Hold fast to these two things: God made you for something great and we love you always, because you are our precious daughter. Nothing will EVER change those two truths.
Just for fun, here’s you and your brother at the same age.
Happy 8 months of life, Taylor Charlotte! Love always, Mommy, Daddy and Jackson