Kyle turns 30 today. Just like i did earlier this year. We’re twins. Well, not really. But we were born the same year. Good ol’ 1982. 🙂
I kind of think HIS birthday is a bigger deal to celebrate than my own since I feel like the day he was born was the day my world became really awesome. I just didn’t know it at the time. Or 10 years later when I met him. Or 20 years later when we were “just friends”. It would be a couple more years, until we were 23, for me to know that God intended to grace me with his life in mine for always.
So on this illustrious occasion of his thirtieth birthday, I submit thirty things I love about my man. in no particular order.
1. His love for and devotion to Jesus.
2. His kindness, faithfulness and passionate love for me.
3. His amazing fathering of our two kiddos.
4. His biceps.
5. His love for movie trailers. And good movies. Independent movies even.
6. The way he seeks first the Kingdom and spends time in the Word.
7. His mad cleaning skillz. He can clean circles around me. I am only too happy to oblige.
8. The smell of his cologne lingering after a kiss.
9. Thursdays. His first day off of his rotation. They come pre-packaged (thanks to him) with sleeping in, puffy pancakes, coffee and time together.
10. His love of reading and good books. He’s always got a book or three going.
11. His generous heart. Cultivated by the Spirit’s work in his heart.
12. His passion for world missions and the missionaries we support.
13. His love of excellent coffee. I highly benefit from this. 🙂
14. His willingness to try new foods, experiences and adventures with me.
15. That he knows my favorite drink from Starbucks and brings it home to me.
16. How he wrassles around with Jack and teaches him man stuff.
17. How he loves on Taylor in a completely different, yet similar way.
18. His smile.
19. That he loves to run and workout – and hasn’t changed pant sizes in the 6 years we’ve been married, in spite of my cooking. 🙂
20. The way he cares for our home, yard and finances.
21. How kindly he notices when I need a break from the kids.
22. His gratitude and thankful heart.
23. His commitment to our church body and small group.
24. How willing he is to help others.
25. His strong arms around me.
26. His enthusiasm for hiking and all things outdoorsy.
27. The pictures he takes.
28. His taste in beer.
29. His writing. I love reading his blog.
30. That I have a lifetime ahead to continue sharing this adventure with him!
happy birthday, kyle. I love you more.