- Anne of Green Gables – L.M. Montgomery
- The Bronze Bow – Elizabeth George Speare
- Caddie Woodlawn – Carol Ryrie Brink
- All Things Bright and Beautiful – James Herriot (and series)
- Little House on the Prairie – Laura Ingalls Wilder (and series)
- The Silver Chair – C.S. Lewis (and The Chronicles of Narnia series)
- The Girl of the Limberlost – Gene Stratton Porter
- The Pursuit of God – A.W. Tozer
- The Cost of Discipleship – Deitrich Bonhoeffer
- The Hiding Place – Corrie ten Boom
Honorable Mention –
Cheaper by the Dozen – Frank Gilbreth and Ernestine Gilbreth Carey
Sherlock Holmes series – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Betsy-Tacy – Maud Hart Lovelace (and series)
Lately on Facebook, I’ve seen people posting some of the books that have stuck with them throughout their lives and/or made an impact on them. This little list is kind of my own “top ten”. I cheated a bit because I posted some that are also one in a series. I couldn’t leave any of those out! And there are so many more I could post, but these have left an indelible mark on my life.
Some of these beloved friends had to be replaced with new copies in my teen years because they were so tattered and worn. Many of them I read annually. I will love reading all of them to my children!
Which books have left their mark on you?