when the kids say something funny or cute, i try to write it down immediately on my phone and/or when I post it on Facebook, then dump them all here. It’s been more than a year since I last unloaded the hilarity onto these pages, and a lot of funny things have come out of kid’s mouths since then.
Taylor keeps us on our toes, and is always talking, so there is ample opportunity for something hilarious to pop out. So the following are things she’s said in the past year:
- I told Taylor to please go to her room to find a happy heart and to quit whining. Moments later I heard a mournful cry from her room, “I can’t FIND ONE! It’s LOST…forever.” Oh the drama with this one.
- “You have to be so so so quiet, ’cause you don’t want to unsurprise it!”
- “I got a letter cut!” (a paper cut.)
- Said to her brother, Jack, when he wasn’t sharing with her: “YOU’RE SINNING!”
- As I tucked Taylor into bed one night, and was getting ready to walk out,she grabbed me and declared, “I’m never letting you go…I’m PHAROAH!” We both laughed!
- While taking care of her bathroom business: “I’m gonna stink this place up!” (And boy, does she!)
- One night she asked if God would please give us another girl so we could have three girls in our family to play princesses. So sweet.
- She heard sirens while driving somewhere with her Grandm Meri. Grandma tried to explain why the sirens were on: to go help someone who is hurt. Taylor retorted, “Yeah, Grandma is called an EMERGENCY.”
- Water leaked out of her sippy cup on to her dress: “Water! It’s so, so, so…wet.”
- After eating Grandma’s birthday cake (probably mostly frosting): “My tummy hurts because I LOVE cake!”
- Talking to her daddy one evening: “Daddy, can I kiss you? Because I love you. I miss you so much when you’re at work, and when you go places by yourself. But when you’re here, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. So I kiss you.”
- We let Taylor participate in the communion service around Thanksgiving. Taylor leaned over and stage-whispered to me, “Is this the blood? Because Jesus had blood in him. I need to drink more blood.”
- After hearing me tell Grant, “I love you, fat baby!” Taylor said to me, “I love you, mama fat!” Later she came by and said, “I love you, but I won’t say chubby mama, ’cause that’s RUDE.”
- One warm summer day, she was convinced she was sick. “I’m so dehydrated and I think I have a beaver.” (Fever. And no, she didn’t.) LOL.
- Taylor was out with her aunties at a softball game and was getting tired. Auntie Anna held her and Taylor got incredulous. “Where’s GRANDMA. This is NOT how Grandma holds me.” well!
- She was very pleased with her outfit one day: “This is soooo FAB-LEE-US! Isn’t it, mom?”
- At a lake: “Don’t step on the allergy!” (Algae.)
- When her throat hurts, “I have a throw neck.” (that’s a combo word: sore and throat = throw.)
- She thought something she heard was funny: “That’s HILARIOUS. Is hilarious a bad word, mom?”
- Telling me a story: “Yeah, I LUsually do it too.”
- Oh-KAI. (How he says okay.)
- In November 2015, after seeing his dad and big brother play lots of football, he wanted to play too and would say, ” SET. HIKE. CHUCHDOOOOOWWWWWNNNNNN!”
- Singing Twinkle, Twinkle: “Winkle winkle yillll taaaaar.”