A friend recently asked me to link my favorite cooking and baking blogs, which I am happy to share! 🙂
- Smitten Kitchen – this is my top, go-to, most-trusted site. Deb researches the heck out of her recipes, does it all from a tiny NYC apartment kitchen, uses as few bowls and gadgets as possible (yay for less mess!) and has a penchant for really amazing recipes including fresh fruits and vegetables. I’m definitely smitten. 🙂 So is Kyle. I found last year’s birthday cake for him on this site and unless he begs me for a repeat, I plan to make this one for him this year.
- Brown-Eyed Baker – Michelle’s blog is full of decadent treats and very delicious baked goods. Even just looking at her pictures I gain a lb. or two. Good stuff.
- Noshings – a very well rounded recipe and baking blog with offerings like brioche caramel rolls (oh. my.) and her take on sloppy joes. I approve.
- Joy the Baker – Joy is funny, creative and has incredible recipes for delectable bakery items. On my current “try very soon” list from her recipe archive is lemon cornmeal breakfast cake. She also shares vegan and vegetarian meals and recipes, which is a fun break from the typical American fare. I really love her offerings!
- The Kitchen Sink – I like this one a lot – Kristin is originally from Minnesota. So every once in a while she’ll reference something unique to MN and I feel all warm and cozy inside. Like “awww – she’s talking about home”! 🙂 Both baked goods and savory dishes make it on to her pages…and everything I’ve tried, I’ve liked.
- Tasty Kitchen Blog – the Tasty Kitchen site is something like All Recipes for Ree Drummond fans. 🙂 Many cooking/baking bloggers contribute, as well as lil’ ol’ home bakers/cooks like me and you. My favorite posts are the recipe collections. They will pick a theme like chocolate cookies and then link photos and recipes for about 30 different variations on that theme. It’s brilliant. Grill recipes, cake recipes, ice cream recipes, you name it – they’ve done it or will. I <3.
- A Cozy Kitchen – the recipe blog of two friends: Adrianna and Caroline, A Cozy Kitchen is another blog of tastiness. Well rounded with baking and cooking options, these two have fun posting new things often. It’s another great one!
- Healing Cuisine – my friend Elise started this blog. It focuses on really healthy eating with an emphasis on mostly raw, sugar-free, gluten-free, soy-free recipes. Lots of lean protein and veggies, along with tasty smoothies and surprise treats fill up the pages of this colorful blog. Try the quinoa apple salad – one of my faves.
Other cooking websites I rely on:
- Epicurious – this site includes recipes from the magazines Bon Appetit and Gourmet. Definitely a more upscale, inventive recipe source. For our epic Christmas feast last year, I used many recipes from this site, or tweaked recipes I found here to suit what I was going for with the meal. Well-tested recipes and I can usually get all the ingredients at my local small town grocery store, avoiding a trip to the “big city”. 🙂
- All Recipes – in a pinch or when I’m trying to find an “old recipe” I have in my head but can’t find easily. These aren’t always the best tested or accurate recipes, but if I’m trying to concoct something, the recipes are usually a very good place to start. I combined two recipes I found here for our favorite fish tacos.
- Food Network – not my first go-to, but there are a lot of great recipes on here. My all time favorite turkey brine came from Alton Brown…bless his overly detailed soul.
So there you have it, folks. All my favorite cooking and baking resources in one, nice list. What are your favorites? Where do you go for reliable and delicious recipes?