what I’ve been reading on the interwebs lately…
- I recently read this post, namely the “prayer” at the end of it, tonight and totally laughed out loud and teared up too. Finding out we’re having a girl freaks me out in many ways, and excites me in others. But God forbid we even end up outside a Hollister. No ma’am! Of course, she’ll grow up shopping at thrift stores and sale racks, so hopefully she won’t even know Hollister exists. 🙂
- While I’m on the parenting streak, my husband shared this wonderful post from Kevin DeYoung with me the other day. I really want this for my kids: “I want them to look back and think, ‘I’m not sure what my parents were doing or if they even knew what they’re were doing. But I always knew my parents loved me and I knew they loved Jesus.'”
- I really like the flavor of parenting suggested in these posts: one rule and lowering the standard. I do not want to be the parent that makes my kids hate the rules or life under our roof, but at the same time, I want them to know how important it is to love God, love others and be a responsible person. I tend to be a very structured, “rules based” person and I want to avoid burdening my kids with a list of do’s and don’ts. basically, I want them to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with their God…not impossible, right? Right. And who wouldn’t LOVE family devotion time more if donuts and cocoa were part of the gig? :raising my hand:
- These brownies are amazing. With or without the cinnamon and a dash of cayenne tossed in. Oh. mother. Thank you to my friend Bethany for ruining my chance of the cottage cheese being eradicated from my thighs for a while. 🙂
- I started a batch of Kombucha the other day, thanks to another friend giving me a starter for it. Kyle swears he will not drink anything that has a jellyfish looking thing that some people call a mushroom (but isn’t of the mushroom family at all except for it being healthy bacteria, which could be called fungus I guess). I’m trying to convince him that the result will be a slightly sweet, fizzy drink that will refresh him and help his innards, but I’m not sure he buys it. We’ll see if it turns out! I feel so crunchy making something like this. lol.
- And I guess I’m on a chocolate kick ’cause i tried these amazingly simple and utterly delicious fudgesicles the other day. Yeah. They will be a regular staple in our summer freezer for shiz. I am going to knock the sugar content down a little next time – they were a bit sweeter than I prefer. I have cute mini popsicle molds that are the perfect size for a tasty little treat after a meal or on a sunny summer afternoon.
- 101 Cookbooks – pretty crunchy, organic-ish, homemade food. I <3.
- A totally cool concept: Dear Photograph. Taking a picture of a picture from the past in the present. I want to do this but I don’t know where I could…I don’t live near or in any of the houses where I grew up. hmmm…shall ponder. thanks to laura dye for linking it on HER blog!
- another fabulous photog friend, Katy, is keeping up on her blog and has posted a ton of ADORABLE baby shoots this week. Oh. my. gosh. I wish I could fly her here to take pictures of my little miss taylor when she arrives! picture.me.foto I mean seriously, who doesn’t love a baby in a SUITCASE?! See?