Today, after we returned from a run/walk, we needed a snack. So I laid out corn chips and ham slices, hunted for some salsa in the pantry and we snacked. While I went into the kitchen to get water for us, I looked out the window and thought, “I want to remember this beautiful moment,” and thankfully my iPod was close at hand and I snapped this.
Things I love about this photo:
the tulips on the table
Jackson is so big I can’t believe it
Nikon waiting for a morsel to drop
yummy homemade salsa from the Howards
the things on my window sill
the world becoming green again
Other things that made me happy on this lovely spring day:
a run/walk even though the world smelled strongly of freshly spread manure
spending 65% of the day outside with Jack
Vitamin D, baby!
a healthy prenatal check up and only gaining a lb. in the last month
I forgot that I used to do these posts every so often on my old blog. I came across the last one I did back in September of 2010 and thought “oh yeah! I should do a new one.” So here it is. 🙂
current reading material: I just finished “So Brave, Young and Handsome” by Leif Enger. It was great. Also reading “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan. Ouch. It’s really convicting and super good stuff on following God in the reality of life. I am glad we’re going through it in our church small group. Skimmed “Exercising Through Your Pregnancy” and got some great activity ideas from “The Toddlers Busy Book” this past week too. So that’s my fiction, spiritual and topical “where I’m at in life” reading list for the past few weeks.
current songs o’ delight: Adele’s Rolling in the Deep. I have this weird thing for LOVING break-up songs. Like I don’t usually realize its a break-up song until I am in love with it. lol. This one is totally awesome. Her vocals are incredible and the melody and beat are just driving and intense. Loves.
current projects: spring cleaning. I was inspired to start doing it now before the weather gets beautiful so I’m done when I’d rather be outside! So nitpicky stuff like wiping down all the kitchen cabinets, the baseboards, washing windows, dusting high cobwebs, etc. 🙂
current recipes I’ve tried:jacked up banana bread by smitten kitchen. YUM. Made this into muffins this evening with some overripe nanners and man oh man…they are delish. I would reduce the sugar down to even 1/2 cup – I used 3/4 and they were slightly too sweet, but not bad. I love how Deb’s cake/bread recipes are almost all one-bowl preparations.
cinnamon sugar pull-apart bread by Brown Eyed Baker. This sounded soooo good, but didn’t turn out as fabulous as I hoped. I probably did something wrong but the dough was a little heavy and by the time it had baked in the middle, the ends were hopelessly dry. Nothing a cup of coffee or milk to wash it down can’t help, but it wasn’t AMAZING.
current hair color: almost my totally natural color. A few highlights and lowlights left in the lower half that have blended in well, but its almost completely the genuine article. Too bad I’m not a fan! It will be time to change it soon.
1. We went downhill skiing on Saturday to celebrate Kyle’s sister Molly’s 13th birthday. It was a beautiful afternoon and we had fun tearing up the hills. We had to get some practice under our feet for our big ski trip to Tahoe coming up next week (see below)!
2. Ultrasound for Little Bit tomorrow afternoon! 🙂 I love getting to “meet” our kids for the first time. I’m praying that everything is as it should be and have been acknowledging God’s sovereignty even over this little life. It is His and He is in control. Can’t wait to see the little person!
1. Trip to Lake Tahoe and environs next week!!! I’m so excited. We are vacationing with our awesome friends Rob and Rosanna and get to ski on real mountains for the first time in our lives. It will be an adventure flying with two very active 18 month old boys, but there’s four parents and two of them, so with that ratio, enough snacks and iPad/iPod movies and games we should be in good shape. I hope. lol.
2. SPRING!!! I sure hope its here and starting its transforming magic on the world when we come back from NV. 🙂 Please, God?!
1. molly’s birthday 2. Jack’s abstract Mr. Potato-Head creation
Last Friday night, we turned our lower level into a swanky lounge with a retro vibe for a fun night of cocktails and conversation with 6 other fabulous couples. We had a blast setting up the lights and putting candles all around – it made for a very fun atmosphere in our otherwise very 2000’s home. 🙂
The attire was 50’s-60’s era, so fedoras and red lipstick abounded. I made classic party fare from that time period: pigs in a blanket, cheese ball with Ritz crackers and the ubiquitous chips and dip. A bundt cake and rainbow jello topped off the evening. A fruity punch or classic cocktails like martini’s and old-fashioned’s were available and Frank Sinatra crooned in the background.
Later in the evening we played the popular TV game show from the 50’s and 60’s: Password. Much hilarity ensued with random conversations as couples tried to pass the word to their partner. I think everyone had a fun time! I sure did as hostess.
the handsome couples in their dashing attire – fedoras were not required, but almost every guy showed up with one!